Advisory Groups of Sustainable Cobourg
Eco Action Advisory GroupProtecting our Soil, Air, and Water
EV Advisory GroupThe Electric Vehicle (EV) Advisory Group helps people transition to electric transportation through education and advocacy
We promote the following advantages:
- Cost effective fuel as no fossil fuels (gas, diesel) are needed
- Operating costs drastically reduced as there are fewer moving parts that require maintenance
- Helps reduce the effects of the Climate Crisis by reducing a human cause for Greenhouse Gas emissions through the burning of fossil fuels
- Reduces pollution providing cleaner healthier air to breathe
- Smooth, quiet driving experience
- Cost advantage for home recharging 90% of the time during off/low peak hours
- While travelling recharging stations can be located on apps
Do you believe in change? Volunteer now!Come on out and see what we are about
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank
So far in 2022, Depave Paradise has depaved 15 asphalt pavements! Since 2012 this group has completed 80 projects across 32 Canadian cities covering 76,384 square metres of unused paved surfaces into beautiful community green spaces with native grasses, flowers and trees. What an amazing sustainable action to capture carbon, a Greenhouse gas, and create a welcoming ecological ‘paradise’ for our monarchs and bees and of course, for us. Well done. This is a project of Green Communities Canada.
Want To Learn More?
In 1993, the Convention on Biological Diversity put the precautionary principle to work.
In 1987, the Brundtland Report consolidated decades of work on sustainable development
The First World Climate Conference happened in 1979 and opened up the science of climate change
Adopting sustainable practices, whether large or small, can have significant impacts in the long run. If every office worker in the United Kingdom used one less staple a day by using a reusable paper clip, 120 tonnes of steel would be saved in one year.