Help to promote Youth Engagement and promoting sustainable activities throughout Cobourg and its neighbours.
Youth Advocacy Team
The Youth Advocacy Team will:
• Facilitate youth to take sustainability actions.
• Foster positive environmental attitudes, behavior, initiative and involvement in multiple spheres of action.
• Demonstrate leadership by implementing the goals of sustainability which include environmental stewardship, social responsibility and economic resilience.
• Increase youth participation in the processes needed to further a sustainable society.
• Provide leadership opportunities through the role of Youth Ambassador.
Did You Know?
Adopting sustainable practices, whether large or small, can have significant impacts in the long run. If every office worker in the United Kingdom used one less staple a day by using a reusable paper clip, 120 tonnes of steel would be saved in one year.
So far in 2022, Depave Paradise has depaved 15 asphalt pavements! Since 2012 this group has completed 80 projects across 32 Canadian cities covering 76,384 square metres of unused paved surfaces into beautiful community green spaces with native grasses, flowers and trees. What an amazing sustainable action to capture carbon, a Greenhouse gas, and create a welcoming ecological ‘paradise’ for our monarchs and bees and of course, for us. Well done. This is a project of Green Communities Canada.
In 1993, the Convention on Biological Diversity put the precautionary principle to work.
In 1987, the Brundtland Report consolidated decades of work on sustainable development.
The First World Climate Conference happened in 1979 and opened up the science of climate change.
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank