The Electric Vehicles (EV) Advocacy Team helps people transition to electric transportation through education and advocacy.
Electric Vehicles Advocacy Team
The Sustainable Cobourg EV Advocacy Team, in conjunction with the EV Society of Canada-Northumberland Chapter, organizes and participates in the following:
• Earth Week EV display (April)
• Yearly EV and Sustainability event (early June)
• School EV Show and Tell program presentations to 7 schools each year
• Cobourg Public Charging Initiative team working with Town Council & staff to install a number of EV chargers in various locations in Cobourg
• Work with Northumberland Hills Hospital to investigate installation of EV chargers
• Work with Council and staff of Town of Brighton
• Publish a monthly Newsletter
• Advocate for the electrification of school and transit busses (planned)
• Establish a Team to assess and resolve the barriers for condo and apartment residents for EV charging (planned)
Did You Know?
Adopting sustainable practices, whether large or small, can have significant impacts in the long run. If every office worker in the United Kingdom used one less staple a day by using a reusable paper clip, 120 tonnes of steel would be saved in one year.
So far in 2022, Depave Paradise has depaved 15 asphalt pavements! Since 2012 this group has completed 80 projects across 32 Canadian cities covering 76,384 square metres of unused paved surfaces into beautiful community green spaces with native grasses, flowers and trees. What an amazing sustainable action to capture carbon, a Greenhouse gas, and create a welcoming ecological ‘paradise’ for our monarchs and bees and of course, for us. Well done. This is a project of Green Communities Canada.
In 1993, the Convention on Biological Diversity put the precautionary principle to work.
In 1987, the Brundtland Report consolidated decades of work on sustainable development.
The First World Climate Conference happened in 1979 and opened up the science of climate change.
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank